Crowd Guru is a Berlin-based “managed services” microtask platform. That is, it is a platform for microtasks where clients cannot simply post tasks directly to the platform. Rather, clients work with platform operators, who turn clients’ projects into tasks suitable for crowd workers to complete via the platform.
- Registered Workers
- Over 45,000 worldwide (2017)
- Workers Are...
- Self Employed
- Payment Model
- Payment per task
- Signed Code of Conduct
- Official Company Name
- Crowd Guru GmbH
- Year Founded
- 2008 (as "SMS Guru")
- Headquarters Location
- Berlin, Germany
- None known
- Hans Speidel, CEO; Carsten Mehle, CTO
- Müller Medien; IBB Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH; Richmond View Ventures; Wellington Partners; Christian Vennemann
- Number of Employees
- About 15
The company was founded in 2008 as “SMS Guru”, with a completely different business model. (Customers paid a few Euro to have questions about any topic answered over SMS.) When smartphones obviated SMS Guru’s business model, the company moved to crowdsourcing.
The company negotiates prices individually with clients. The company manages workers; unlike on “marketplace” platforms, workers do not come directly into contact with clients.
Workers are self employed.
Jobs and Clients
- Writing (text for SEO, product descriptions, general content)
- Sales research (contact information for potential clients, etc.)
- Data processing:
- Classification of products, companies, photos, etc.
- Tagging of photos, videos, texts, and products
- Review of user-generated content (e.g., for content violating community rules)
- Data entry from scans, photos, screenshots, websites, and documents
Visual Meta; Sixt Rent a Car; idalab; Scondoo GmbH; Trusted Shops.
According to the Crowd Guru website, the work process have five main steps:
- The client gives Crowd Guru the task
- A Crowd Guru project manager turns it into microtasks for distribution to workers
- Workers do the microtasks
- Crowd Guru checks the quality and returns the result to the client
- The client pays per task after the work is done
We have not yet surveyed workers on this platform.
Ability to Refuse Payment Rejection: negative ratingNonpayment is possible if the time limit is exceeded.
Change to Terms of Service: Change: negative ratingCan be changed unilaterally by the platform at any time. Effect on projects in progress is unclear.
Warranty Warranty: negative ratingWorker is allowed to improve work if it does not meet the satisfaction of the client.
Contact with Employers Client Contact: positive ratingNo prohibition.
Contact with Workers Rejection: positive ratingNo prohibition.